Here are ways you can raise funds in your local community
Although Life Cycle for CanTeen began as a personal challenge for the riders, as the event has grown and we have learnt more about the wonderful services and support that Canteen offers its members, there has been an increasing focus upon encouraging participants to fundraise and each year we try to better the previous year’s donation to Canteen.
There are many ways to fundraise. Here are some suggestions, all of which have been tried successfully.
- Set up a Raise It page and email all your friends and acquaintances. Look at the relevant OnRoad or OffRoad tab.
- Sell Cadburys fundraiser chocolates at home, school or work. These are available from email@example.com throughout the year.
- Run a garage sale – get your friends to help collect items
- Run a quiz night or a book sale
- Approach Bunnings or Woolworths to run a sausage sizzle
- Organise a raffle
- Do you know where you could place an official CanTeen collection tin on a shop counter? Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like tins
- Approach your workplace or school to see if they will dedicate a casual dress day to our cause
- Click here for a list of more fundraising ideas